The invention activities are regarded as an integral part of scientific and technical activities of the Institute. For the purpose to develop and increase the research efficiency in the field of production and purification of phosphoric acid, sulphuric acid, manufacture of mineral fertilizers, technical salts, improvement of technologies related to equipment arrangement and also to speed up the introduction of results obtained into the production process and provide their legal protection, the Patent-licensing Department solves the following tasks:
- Creation of patent-information services at JSC "NIUIF”;
- Patent monitoring in the field of production of mineral fertilizers and provision of employees with the patent information on current subjects and promising developments;
- Provision of consultations for specialists in regard to patent-licensing support of scientific and technical and innovation activities;
Systematization of the data about use of inventions at the enterprises.
The basic functions of Patent-licensing Department are as follows:
- Carrying out of patent research;
- Verification of patent novelty with arrangements of reports on the patent research and on their basis the arrangement of patent cards when submitting the initial data for the designing;
- Carrying out of required operations to protect the exclusive rights to novel technical solutions (from drawing up of application for issuance of a patent up to the receipt of letters patent);
- Creating and conducting of the uniform patent base of the Institute;
- Analyzing and revealing of technical solutions not protected by competitors;
- Maintaining of contacts with federal executive authorities on intellectual property of the Russian Federation and other administrative departments as far the intellectual property is concerned.