Sustainable use of raw materials, no air pollution, elimination of emissions, effluents and industrial wastes have always been priorities for JSC NIUIF. Our developments allow us to use raw materials carefully and manufacture products with minimal risk to the environment.
What are we doing to achieve this?
- create environmentally friendly and resource-saving technologies of phosphorus- and nitrogen-containing mineral fertilizers, phosphoric, sulphuric, fluorosilicic acids, industrial salts and mineral feeds;
- develop waste processing and recycling technologies for phosphogypsum, waste sulphuric acid, fluorosilicic acid, silica gel;
- optimize enterprises’ water consumption and wastewater disposal systems, including the creation of closed drainage systems;
- create disposal technologies for fluorine and phosphorus-containing wastewater;
- monitor waste disposal facilities for their safe and efficient operation.
Examples of our developments:
- Technology of aluminum fluoride from fluorosilicic acid Aluminum fluoride.
- Technology of gypsum materials for construction industry Materials for construction industry, DH-HH Process.
- Technology of fluorosilicic acid and phosphogypsum conversion to obtain ammonium sulphate solution and fluoride sludge.
- Recommendations for the use of hemihydrate in road substructure construction.
- Fluorine- and phosphorus-containing wastewater disposal technology with production of cooling water, safe fluoride sludge and phosphorus-containing sediments.
- Optimization of water consumption and disposal systems makes it possible to maximize the use of cooling water and significantly reduce the discharge of wastewater to treatment facilities.
- As a result of longstanding cooperation with the St. Petersburg Mining University, an effective monitoring system for phosphogypsum stacks has been developed and implemented, which allows them to be safely operated.
- Recommendations for biological reclamation of waste disposal sites. Biological reclamation makes it possible to fix the dump slopes by stabilizing their surface with various technical means and plants to reduce the erosion of rocks that form the slopes.